Kamakura Period:
I am thinking......There must be a sword now, there must be some cool warriors knowing the skill of how to defeat the enemies and this period must be a period of cool fights and battles that creates all the warrior romances.
I was wrong....well, half wrong....
This era is more about the height between the Bushi and the Imperial family, (Ten-nou). After the Genpei war, the Fujiwara family side of the allies have won the battle. However the Fujiwara family didn't authorize the ruling power. Surprisingly the Minamoto family (the warrior class family) came to power as if there was a revelation/rebellion....
This is why the Bakufu (government) moved to Kamakura. Bushi class have increased their power and promoted themselves to have authority over the imperial family.
After the death of Minamoto Yoritomo, his wife's family, Hojo came to power. She promoted her brother into a position called "Shikken" and he didn't really fight or act like the Samurai I know.
The Hojo family basically re-constructed the laws and rights of temples and countries.
But what I was most surprised is the Mongols invasion incident. The place I time travelled to was 1274 Japan, when the Mongols sent 900 ships and 40,000 soldiers from Korea to the Hakata Bay.
I saw the Japanese warriors and Bushi having difficulty defending themselves and the country and so some of them abandoned the defence. When the Mongols were about to win, they ran away! Luckily Japan was a country that a Typhoon passed through, and the Mongols were defeated by the Typhoon that came to the Bay. The Japanese warriors and people were in awe! Can you believe that they have trusted nature to help to protect the country? And not only once but twice did the Mongols get defeated by the Typhoon. This is why Japanese people believe in Kamikaze, the god of winds.
But Samurai did not protect them! They were just lucky with the weather! Wow I can't believe that they still didn't improve themselves to defeat the enemies. Where would the Samurai I know appear....?
This is the testimonial blog of Subarashii Samurai Inc.. We are a company that helps people achieve their dreams of experiencing the samurai they never knew. What we do as a company is provide the customer with the ability to travel back in time. We use a special device called the "Feudalbushidosamurai2100" or FBS2100 for short. This device allows the customer to travel back in time, communicate with the locals, and upon returning, erase one's impact in the period they traveled in.
No comments:
Post a Comment